Bushism of the Day
Ubiquitous
2013-04-25 09:23:43 UTC
Vice President Joe Biden made a joke today at the memorial service for
slain MIT police officer Sean Collier:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/K-bPdVgCsKo

"One of my favorite poets is Seamus Heaney," said Biden, who is of Irish
descent. "I know the congressman thinks I always quote Irish poets
because I'm Irish. That's not the reason I do it. I quote Irish poets
because they're the best poets and that's the reason why," Biden
deadpanned. "And the Collier family knows that, right?"

Biden continued, "But all kidding aside..."
Rox
Jorge
2013-04-26 02:26:46 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Vice President Joe Biden made a joke today at the memorial service for
http://www.youtube.com/embed/K-bPdVgCsKo
"One of my favorite poets is Seamus Heaney," said Biden, who is of Irish
descent. "I know the congressman thinks I always quote Irish poets
because I'm Irish. That's not the reason I do it. I quote Irish poets
because they're the best poets and that's the reason why," Biden
deadpanned. "And the Collier family knows that, right?"
Biden continued, "But all kidding aside..."
and the "W" "library!
It may be tough to keep food down today with the opening of the $250
million "temple to prevarication and ruin" that is the Bush "Library" -
for many like pouring battery acid into still-open wounds - and the
fawning coverage of a "courtier press." The Defending Freedom Table! The
Ground Zero bullhorn! The video games of tortuous choices faced by the
great decider! Protests, Guardian livestream and the best from a raging
Charles Pierce on this "monstrous public lie" and the effort "to help
the country absolve itself from the immense damage (done) by a
half-bright dry drunk who wrecked nearly everything he touched."
"No, he doesn't deserve the day. There are hundreds of thousands of
Americans and Iraqis who don't get today."
more;
http://www.commondreams.org/
Karma ; what a concept!
Ubiquitous
2013-05-22 09:13:21 UTC
"Subtraction is tougher than addition"
-- Barack Obama
Bert
2013-05-22 17:51:23 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
"Subtraction is tougher than addition"
-- Barack Obama
But he is pretty good at division.
***@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN
Padraigh ProAmerica
2013-05-22 17:00:18 UTC
Re: Bushism of the Day

Group: alt.politics.bush Date: Wed, May 22, 2013, 5:51pm (EDT+4) From:
***@iphouse.com (Bert)
In news:kni925$9o4$***@dont-email.me Ubiquitous <***@polaris.net>
wrote:
"Subtraction is tougher than addition"
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0-- Barack Obama
But he is pretty good at division.
--
***@iphouse.com =A0 =A0 =A0 St. Paul, MN
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

--
"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."--

Frank Zappa--
Jorge
2013-05-23 14:17:19 UTC
Post by Bert
Post by Ubiquitous
"Subtraction is tougher than addition"
-- Barack Obama
But he is pretty good at division.
and presidents are only there to provide you with someone to shake a
fist at. they are not really in charge.
figure heads.
Look for the Men behind the Curtains.
they pull the strings.
Karma ; what a concept!
Ubiquitous
2013-06-20 20:38:23 UTC
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is attempting to outdo Secretary of State
John Kerry to become the world champion of botched jokes. BuzzFeed.com's
Andrew Kaczynski has video from a Hagel speech at the University of
Nebraska in which he responds to a question from "an Indian
man"--presumably meaning a man from India, or of Indian descent--by
quipping: "You're not a member of the Taliban, are you?"

Hagel "had previously answered a question on Afghanistan and negotiating
with the Taliban before the exchange," Kaczynski notes. The Pentagon put
out a damage-control statement: "Absolutely no slight toward any
individual in the audience was intended. That's the last thing the
Secretary would do under any circumstance, in this or any other setting.
He didn't know who would be called next to pose a question."

There may be some truth to the stereotype that Republicans are stupid and
insensitive.
--
"We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends"
-- Barack "Dear Ruler" Obama
Ubiquitous
2013-08-07 20:45:41 UTC
"The odds of people dying in a terrorist attack obviously are still a lot
lower than in a car accident, unfortunately,"
-- President Obama

"The Panama [Canal] is being widened so that these big supertankers can
come in. Now, that will be finished in 2015. If we don't deepen our ports
all along the Gulf--places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah,
Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida--if we don't do that, those ships are
going to go someplace else."
-- President Obama
clairbear
2013-08-08 20:42:55 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
"The odds of people dying in a terrorist attack obviously are still a
lot lower than in a car accident, unfortunately,"
-- President Obama
Gee, Mr O would you be happier if benghazi happened every day and the toll
was 10s of thousands rather than 4
Um...er... Mr O those port are on the atlantic coast
Ubiquitous
2014-02-14 10:10:14 UTC
President Obama made an "embarrassing historical error during his
international press conference with French President Francois Hollande,"
writes the Daily Caller's Neil Munro:

Obama's error came when he misnamed Alexis de Tocqueville, a
clear-eyed Frenchman who explained the subtle miracle of American
culture and democracy in the 1830s. His book is a classic, partly
because his insights about Americans' social equality and civic
society have become commonplace among centrists and conservatives.

But Obama called him "Alex" in front of the French and U.S. press,
and while facing banks of TV cameras.

Munro's criticism seems to us completely wrongheaded. What in the world is
wrong with a president's being familiar with Tocqueville?
--
Q: Why is ObamaCare like a turd?
A: You have to pass it to see what's in it.
clairbear
Are you sure you don't mean a bidenism
Ubiquitous
2014-12-15 09:58:17 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
"The odds of people dying in a terrorist attack obviously are still a lot
lower than in a car accident, unfortunately,"
-- President Obama
"The Panama [Canal] is being widened so that these big supertankers can
come in. Now, that will be finished in 2015. If we don't deepen our ports
all along the Gulf--places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah,
Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida--if we don't do that, those ships are
going to go someplace else."
-- President Obama
"Illegal immigrants are as American as any of us".
-- President Obama
--
The old Soviet leaders had it right. Our destruction comes from within:
Moochers, parasites, and Obama.
Dänk 42Ø
2014-12-15 16:38:30 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Ubiquitous
"The odds of people dying in a terrorist attack obviously are still a lot
lower than in a car accident, unfortunately,"
-- President Obama
"The Panama [Canal] is being widened so that these big supertankers can
come in. Now, that will be finished in 2015. If we don't deepen our ports
all along the Gulf--places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah,
Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida--if we don't do that, those ships are
going to go someplace else."
-- President Obama
"Illegal immigrants are as American as any of us".
-- President Obama
I really can't disagree with that statement. I've known many
immigrants, and whether you are a legal immigrant or not, after spending
enough time in America you become "American." You may not be a citizen,
but you are part of our collective society. Contrast this with
countries like Saudi Arabia, where migrants are essentially slaves. The
second-class status of undocumented immigrants in the USA is not the
same as slavery.

But I will concede that many undocumented immigrants come here just to
find jobs, which is not the same as emigrating to pursue the "American
dream." I've also known immigrants (mostly Mexicans) who came here just
to earn dollars to remit back home. They have no desire to learn
English, I've actually heard them insult American music, and they refuse
to eat anything that isn't wrapped in a tortilla. I suppose this is
their right, but it shows they aren't interested in assimilating into
American society. When I visit Mexico I patronize local bars, actually
enjoy listening to Mexican music, conversing in bad Spanish, and so on.
And I never expect the Mexican "government" to grant me permanent
residency.

La vida sin sal ni limon:

Ubiquitous
2016-06-02 09:02:21 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by Ubiquitous
"The odds of people dying in a terrorist attack obviously are still a lot
lower than in a car accident, unfortunately,"
-- President Obama
"The Panama [Canal] is being widened so that these big supertankers can
come in. Now, that will be finished in 2015. If we don't deepen our ports
all along the Gulf--places like Charleston, South Carolina, or Savannah,
Georgia, or Jacksonville, Florida--if we don't do that, those ships are
going to go someplace else."
-- President Obama
"Illegal immigrants are as American as any of us".
-- President Obama
"If we turn against each other based on division of race or religion. If-if-
if-if-if-if-if-if-if-if-if we fall for, you know, a bunch of okie-doke, just
because, you know it-it-it. You know, it-it-it-it-it-it sounds funny or the
tweets are provocative."
-- President Obama
Ubiquitous
2024-02-05 17:34:00 UTC
"In our time, there is still the old ghost of new garments. We all need to
rise and meet the moment".

-- Joe Biden
Ubiquitous
2024-02-07 09:30:47 UTC
"The beer brewed here, it is used to make the brew beered here Ooh, Earth
Rider, thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why..."

-- Joe Biden
Ubiquitous
2024-02-07 19:24:18 UTC
"There is some movement, and I don't wanna, I don't wanna ..., Let me choose
my words -- there's some movement, there's been ... a response from the,
uh..., There's been a response ... from ... the opposition, but, um -- Yes,
I'm sorry, from Hamas"

-- Joe Biden
Ubiquitous
2024-02-19 16:02:49 UTC
"President Putin is clearly losing the war in Iraq".

-- Joe Biden
Ubiquitous
2024-03-18 12:49:29 UTC
"Pennsylvania, I have a message for you: Send me to Congress!"
Joe Biden, March 8, 2024
Ubiquitous
2024-03-18 12:55:29 UTC
"I’m counting on the border action happening by itself -- the passing it"
-- Joe Biden
Ubiquitous
2024-03-19 19:32:19 UTC
"My Corvette go BRRRRR"
-- Joe Biden
Norm Chomsky
2024-03-20 03:37:49 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
"The beer brewed here, it is used to make the brew beered here Ooh, Earth
Rider, thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why…"
--
Joe Biden
Where's that from ???
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/joe-biden-speaks-different-language-at-brewery-in-strange-and-confused-speech/ar-BB1hiWVj