JESUS WAS A HOMOSEXUAL
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-29 02:20:07 UTC
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship

BY RICHARD N. OSTLING

The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.

Many will find his claims of an actively homosexual Jesus
''blasphemous,'' admits Theodore W. Jennings Jr., author of The Man
Jesus Loved: Homoerotic Narratives From the New Testament.

Jennings heads gay and lesbian studies at the Chicago Theological
Seminary, a school of the United Church of Christ. The church's Pilgrim
Press published the book.

The book fits the United Church's policy of ''extravagant welcome''
toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, and the pride it
takes in having ordained a pioneer gay minister in 1972. Jennings is a
minister of the United Methodist Church, which officially opposes
same-sex activity.

Jennings says the opponents can cite only ''five isolated verses'' in
the Bible. Preferring simplicity to credibility, he ignores those
verses and the weightiest American treatment of them: The Bible and
Homosexual Practice, published by the Methodists' Abingdon Press and
written by conservative Presbyterian Robert A.J. Gagnon of the
Pittsburgh Theological Seminary.

Asked about Jennings' theory, Gagnon says ''the idea that Jesus was a
homosexual or engaged in homosexual acts is complete nonsense'' and no
''serious biblical scholar'' has ever proposed this.

Though Jennings belittles a mere five verses, he largely depends on
just a few biblical words concerning the disciple ''lying close to the
breast of Jesus'' at the Last Supper (John 13:23,25, 21:20). This
unnamed follower ''whom Jesus loved'' is often thought to be the writer
of the Gospel of John or one of his sources.

As Jennings imagines it, this disciple was ''lying in [on] Jesus'
lap--that is, snuggled up to Jesus.''

Jesus ''loved'' all his colleagues, but Jennings thinks this one
friendship was ''expressed by physical and personal intimacy--what we
might today suppose to be a homoerotic or a 'gay' relationship.''

Most likely it was ''sexual in character,'' he says, though the Bible
doesn't describe the ''specific practices'' the pair used to
''celebrate'' physical intimacy.

Gagnon says Jennings misunderstands ancient culture. Banquet guests
would recline while eating, so the man ''lying close to the breast''
was simply located next to Jesus, with no homoerotic implication.

Jennings' related contention that Jesus approved same-sex couples stems
from the healing of the centurion's servant (Matthew 8:5-13). Jennings
contends that the servant was the centurion's ''boyfriend'' and that
Jesus didn't denounce their relationship. Episcopal priest Thomas
Horner argued this in Jonathan Loved David, from the Presbyterian
Church book house.
YankFan
2006-01-29 02:27:45 UTC
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
Winston Smith, American Patriot
2006-01-29 02:40:06 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
WankMan, your NNTP client has been auto-configured to reveal a great deal
about you. Indeed more than you think. Just look at the headers from
your post to see for yourself. By the way, the "X-" in a leading part of
a header indicates that it is an eXtension and not part of the originally
specified protocol.

From: WankMan <***@nospam.net>
Newsgroups:
alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.bush,alt.rush-
limbaugh,alt.politics.democrats
Subject: Re: JESUS WAS A HOMOSEXUAL
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:27:45 GMT
--
http://hume.realisticpolitics.com/

The real danger to the future of humanity is the preference
for surrendering to fear, superstition, and faith
in absolutist belief systems, and so to submit to these
willingly and to the control of those demagogues who
make use of these, rather than preferring
to reason with one's own mind.
YankFan
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:27:45 GMT
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Hey, "Backdoor Man" What do you know? I found something interesting
about you also. You never know what you're going to find. By the way,
the "X-" in a leading part of a header also indicates that it is an
eXtension and not part of the originally specified protocol.;-)

Newsgroups:alt.politics,alt.politics.republicans,alt.politics.bush,alt.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.democrats
From: "Winston? American Wanabe"
X-delusional left wiener
<***@Oceania.WhiteHouse.GOV>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:40:06 GMT
Post by YankFan
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
I particularly like the use of the word 'scumbag', spoken like a true
Republican "Christian"..
YankFan
What would you know about christianiy?
Stan de SD
He apparently claims to know something about homosexuality...
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 08:42:39 UTC
Post by YankFan
What would you know about christianiy?
I know that Jesus was never recorded referring to anyone or teaching
people to call others scumbags..
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-29 02:56:59 UTC
Post by YankFan
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
..and let's not forget that high moral "Chrsitian" character too,
scumbag? such excellent morals you display..
YankFan
2006-01-29 06:01:38 UTC
Post by YankFan
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
..and let's not forget that high moral "Chrsitian" character too,
scumbag? such excellent morals you display..
and what would you know about morals? If the shoe fits, then a SKUMBAG
you are.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 08:46:58 UTC
Post by YankFan
and what would you know about morals? If the shoe fits, then a SKUMBAG
you are.
I see, so your idea of Christian morals is when you disagree with
someone, you call them a scumbag, I guess I missed that part of what
Jesus taught in the Bible. Is there another edition of the good book
we've never heard of only you and your kind read? it is quite obvious
you are not a true Christian as is the case with the rest of the
murderers in Washington and thise who voted for Bush, Jesus would do
none of what you people have done. This can mean only one thing, you
deep down really honor Satan, Satan lives through Bush and does his
work here on Earth.
YankFan
2006-01-30 18:01:12 UTC
Post by YankFan
and what would you know about morals? If the shoe fits, then a SKUMBAG
you are.
I see, so your idea of Christian morals is when you disagree with
someone, you call them a scumbag, I guess I missed that part of what
Jesus taught in the Bible. Is there another edition of the good book
we've never heard of only you and your kind read?
Yeah, it's called the gospels. Let's see, He names them, Snakes, Vipers,
hypocrites, Dung (shit) Son's of the Devil. And he was talking to the
religious leaders. So choose any one of those name for yourself. Scumbag
is mild compared to the others.
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
it is quite obvious you are not a true Christian as is the case with the rest of the
murderers in Washington and thise who voted for Bush, Jesus would do
none of what you people have done.
Like I said before. Oviuosly you don't know anything about christianity
or morals to preach to others.
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
This can mean only one thing, you deep down really honor Satan, Satan lives through Bush and does his
work here on Earth.
That green stuff that's in your teeths, need to be taken care of asap.
Oviously is getting to the tiny brain of yours. Reading ignorant
comments like that shows you're very young or very stupid. Young dumb
liberal. (YDL) Hey I like that!
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 19:17:07 UTC
Post by YankFan
[...]
There are no "morals" in christianity. Christianity breeds hate,
discrimination, wars and murder. No morals there.
Dion
2006-01-30 19:58:09 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by YankFan
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
rest of the
murderers in Washington and thise who voted for Bush, Jesus would do
none of what you people have done.
Like I said before. Oviuosly you don't know anything about christianity or
morals to preach to others.
There are no "morals" in christianity. Christianity breeds hate,
discrimination, wars and murder. No morals there.
Christianity is not alone with its hate etc... it's most of the organized
religions. It's all the religions that claim their way to be the ONLY way.
--
Dion

My tongue will tell the anger of mine heart,
Or else my heart, concealing it, will break."
William Shakespeare
ManMadeGod
True.
Unpleasant Truth
2006-02-01 04:37:30 UTC
Post by Dion
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by YankFan
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
rest of the
murderers in Washington and thise who voted for Bush, Jesus would do
none of what you people have done.
Like I said before. Oviuosly you don't know anything about
christianity
Post by Dion
or
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by YankFan
morals to preach to others.
There are no "morals" in christianity. Christianity breeds hate,
discrimination, wars and murder. No morals there.
Christianity is not alone with its hate etc... it's most of the organized
religions. It's all the religions that claim their way to be the ONLY way.
Compared to what - atheistic communism? Over 100 million dead in less
than 70 years.

The only thing Christianity hates is evil. But then, that is why so many
hate it.
Shakespeare was a devout Christian.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 19:16:43 UTC
Post by YankFan
Yeah, it's called the gospels.
Ok so you admit there are more than one gospel then, so you DO read
another version that teaches you to call your fellow man 'scumbag',
interesting, we learn somthing new everyday about you fake Christians.
Post by YankFan
Let's see, He names them, Snakes, Vipers,
hypocrites, Dung (shit) Son's of the Devil. And he was talking to the
religious leaders. So choose any one of those name for yourself. Scumbag
is mild compared to the others.
So which one are you? I would say hypocrite, you call people scumbag
on one hand and then falsely claim to be a Christian on the other, that
makes you a hypocrite.
Post by YankFan
Like I said before. Oviuosly you don't know anything about christianity
or morals to preach to others.
So if I follow your model and leaders, I would pollute the land, air
and water, murder innocent men, women and children for oil, call people
scumbags while attempting to pass myself off as a Christian, steal the
American peoples' money, lie and cut welfare so poor sick and disabled
people starve and die, did I leave anything out? care to add to add to
the list of 'good Christian deeds' you people are responsible for? You
should really try reading just the oine book, the only one, the other
one apparently has rotted your small brain..
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 19:27:57 UTC
Post by YankFan
Like I said before. Oviuosly you don't know anything about christianity
or morals to preach to others.
So if I follow your model and leaders, I would pollute the land, air
and water, murder innocent men, women and children for oil, call people
scumbags while attempting to pass myself off as a Christian, steal the
American peoples' money, lie and cut welfare so poor sick and disabled
people starve and die, did I leave anything out? care to add to the
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-29 02:58:31 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
.and let's not forget that high moral "Christian" character too,
scumbag? such excellent morals you display..
Billy
Honesty is a moral virtue.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 08:39:22 UTC
Post by Billy
Honesty is a moral virtue.
sure, whatever.. scumbag.
Joseph Welch
2006-01-29 03:28:52 UTC
Post by YankFan
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
Kind of like right-wing Republicans.
--
JW
***************
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/welch-mccarthy.html
Richard Burns
2006-01-29 03:56:17 UTC
Post by Joseph Welch
Post by YankFan
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
Kind of like right-wing Republicans.
Remember the good-old-days when Republicans railed agaisnt
moral relativism.....these days, they're the living
embodiment of it.....see Bush's foreign policy...the
abduction of the wives/children of suspected insurgents in
Iraq (that will win hearts and minds alright...heh), spying
without obtaining (even retroactively) a fucking warrant,
military spying on progressive/left-wing groups, even those
with little connection to the war (such as gay rights groups
advocating the end of "Don't Ask Don't Tell).

Disgusting.

Richard.
KenStahl
2006-01-29 04:39:17 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
What's even more amazing is that anyone would take that book
of fairy tales, legends and camp fire stories and actually
considered it to be a valid source of historical
information. Most of the older stuff was ripped off from
pre-existing writings such as those from Sumaria and
Mesopotamia and the most recent stuff is total fantasy that
was concocted by religious zealots.
Blogging at http://HexagonalPeg.blogspot.com
Kevin Cunningham
Judge not lest you be judged.
YankFan
2006-01-29 19:39:33 UTC
Post by Kevin Cunningham
Post by YankFan
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Of course coming from a scumbag liberal. The writer and the poster. Both
have a lack of understanding of scripture or morals.
Judge not lest you be judged.
Jesus;
Luke 12:54-57
54. He also said to the crowds: "When you see a cloud rising in the
west, right away you say, 'A storm is coming,' and so it does.
55. And when the south wind is blowing, you say, 'It's going to be a
scorcher!' and it is.
56. Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth
and the sky, but why don't you know how to interpret this time?
57. "Why don't you judge for yourselves what is right?

Jesus;
John 7:24 "Stop judging according to outward appearances; rather judge
according to righteous judgment."

Paul;
I Corinthians 6:2,3 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the
world? And if the world is judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the
smallest cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels--not to
speak of things pertaining to this life?
Crusader
Church book house.
Joe S.
2006-01-29 02:46:05 UTC
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Who really gives a shit? If this were true, would it diminish his message
in any way?
Unpleasant Truth
2006-01-29 21:50:43 UTC
Post by Joe S.
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Who really gives a shit? If this were true, would it diminish his message
in any way?
Of course it would. It would prove he was not the perfect man and Son of
God - i.e., without sin.
Billy
2006-01-29 03:23:01 UTC
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Richard Burns
2006-01-29 03:30:17 UTC
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Hmm...groups like Christian Reconstructists (extreme even by
fudamentalist Christian standards..although more than a few are
buddy-buddy with GOP officeholders, frighteningly enough) want gays and
lesbians put to death.

Richard.
Stan de SD
2006-01-29 06:35:34 UTC
Post by Richard Burns
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Hmm...groups like Christian Reconstructists (extreme even by
fudamentalist Christian standards..although more than a few are
buddy-buddy with GOP officeholders, frighteningly enough) want gays and
lesbians put to death.
Proof? Sources? Cites? Or merely another lame attempt by an insecure
homosexual to distort the truth?
YankFan
2006-01-31 02:47:51 UTC
Post by Billy
Post by Richard Burns
Hmm...groups like Christian Reconstructists (extreme even by
fudamentalist Christian standards..although more than a few are
buddy-buddy with GOP officeholders, frighteningly enough) want gays and
lesbians put to death.
Proof? Sources? Cites? Or merely another lame attempt by an insecure
homosexual to distort the truth?
Don't expect anything from them. Only Hate Hate hate. Hate of God,
Christians, GW and anything else that would expose them for what they are.
I. R. Heller
2006-01-29 14:06:18 UTC
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Hello Billy:
Was wondering where you found *that* translation.
Jesus was not capable of hating *anybody*, so somewhere someone
must have created this statement and just for "believeable measures" put
in "into his mouth".
The real Jesus would have forgiven the person, any person who
would have acted against current laws and ethics. And, in your heart you
also know this. -
And, as far as this strange statement by Richard Ostling, I want to state,
we must always be aware of the *responsibility* of repeating a rumor.
Sometimes it is ignorance of what consequences a casually dropped
"quote" can have on the psyche of the listeners, but sometimes it is
a well calculated power-game, like the media and politics, what is being
said and/or not said in order to achieve a certain result.

As you well know, the Bible was written by regular humans, people
who were able to write ( not that common at those times ) and who,
many of them, had never even met Jesus and thus wrote down what they
*understood* he would have said, thought, or done.
As you also know, the Bible was, much like many other books, re-written
translated and re-assessed many times, over the centuries *after* the life
time of Jesus, all according to the *need* of the people "in charge".

They all meant well, I am sue, but they all were also brought up with
certain
ethical values of their time. This always leaves an imprint on a person.
Think of your own surroundings, how people of different families and/or
cultures understand things differently. -

BTW: you can find much information on the history of the Bible in our
internet.
That´s all for right now.

Be well,
I.R. Heller
Billy
2006-01-29 17:55:44 UTC
Post by Billy
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Was wondering where you found *that* translation.
"That" translation came from most versions of the Bible.

ASV: (American Standard Version, 1901) "And if a man lie with mankind, as
with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely
be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Darby: (J.N. Darby Translation, 1890): "And if a man lie with mankind, as he
lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall
certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them."

ESV: (English Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to
death; their blood is upon them."

HNV: (Hebrew Names Version): "If a man lies with a male, as with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to
death; their blood shall be upon them."

KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with
a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be
put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

LB: (Living Bible): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both
parties. They have brought it upon themselves."

NASB: (New American Standard Bible): "'If {there is} a man who lies with a
male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable
act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.
"

Net Bible: "If a man has sexual intercourse with a male as one has sexual
intercourse with a woman, the two of them have committed an abomination.
They must be put to death; their blood guilt is on themselves."
1
NIV: (New International Version) "If a man lies with a man as one lies with
a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to
death; their blood will be on their own heads."

NKJV: (New King James Version) "If a man lies with a male as he lies with a
woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put
to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

NLT: (New Living Translation): "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to
both parties. They have committed a detestable act, and are guilty of a
capital offense."

RSV: (Revised Standard Version): "If a man lies with a male as with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death;
their blood is upon them."

Webster: (Noah Webster Version, 1833): "If a man also shall lie with
mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an
abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon
them."

Young: (Robert Young Literal Translation, 1898) "And a man who lieth with a
male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are
certainly put to death; their blood [is] on them."
m***@lycos.com
2006-01-30 02:46:03 UTC
DAMn! In all those different Bibles Leviticus still says the same
thing!
ShitIsfunny
2006-01-30 02:50:54 UTC
fags have brought peace on earth through their delightful gayness and
cheeriness.
Kevin Cunningham
2006-01-29 17:43:07 UTC
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
"I bring you the New Testament." Were is Leviticus in the New Testament?
Did Jesus say the words you quoted?
Billy
2006-01-29 18:33:02 UTC
Post by Kevin Cunningham
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to
death.
"I bring you the New Testament." Were is Leviticus in the New Testament?
The Law of Moses are found in the book of Leviticus in the old testement.
Post by Kevin Cunningham
Did Jesus say the words you quoted?
No but this is what he said: "These are the words which I spake unto you,
while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were
written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms,
concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might
understand the scriptures" (Luke 24:44,45). Earlier, in the same chapter, we
read: "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them
in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" (Luke 24:27).
Unpleasant Truth
2006-01-29 22:01:23 UTC
Post by Kevin Cunningham
Did Jesus say the words you quoted?
Note: I do not believe Jesus "hated" homosexuals. Jesus would have wanted
them to turn from their sinful ways and live - just like any other sinner.
If he had ever run into one, he would have told him exactly what he told
the adulterous woman, "Go and sin no more." Unfortunately, almost all of
the non-Christian left and too many Christians do NOT say that but
actually encourage that exact sinful behavior that is condemned in the
Bible - and, speaking of being put to death, has killed almost one million
of them in America alone.

Jesus quoted the Old Testament repeatedly.

Here's a better question for you - where did Jesus ever quote the New
Testament?
The L Word
2006-01-29 18:45:40 UTC
JESUS HATED HOMOSEXUAL
What a blasphemous pig you are -- Jesus didn't 'hate' anyone. Hate is
of Satan -- apparently, one of your close friends.
Joseph Welch
2006-01-30 02:23:11 UTC
Post by Billy
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus also says it's an abomination to eat shellfish, to grow two
different kind of vegetables in the same garden, or to wear clothing woven
of different types of cloth.

And Leviticus is Old Testament - waaay before Jesus. Jesus never mentioned
homosexuality at all.
--
JW
***************
Billy
2006-01-30 03:36:51 UTC
Post by Joseph Welch
Post by Billy
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to
death.
Leviticus also says it's an abomination to eat shellfish, to grow two
different kind of vegetables in the same garden, or to wear clothing woven
of different types of cloth.
And Leviticus is Old Testament - waaay before Jesus. Jesus never
mentioned homosexuality at all.
Leviticus is the old testament,The Law of Moses, Jesus did speak of the laws
of Moses.

YankFan
2006-01-30 18:18:16 UTC
Post by Joseph Welch
Post by Billy
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus also says it's an abomination to eat shellfish, to grow two
different kind of vegetables in the same garden, or to wear clothing woven
of different types of cloth.
And Leviticus is Old Testament - waaay before Jesus. Jesus never mentioned
homosexuality at all.
So what you're telling us is that God changed His mind or was wrong
about the Old Testament. And who was Jesus? Isn't He God. Again you're
ignorant as to who Jesus is and what the Word of God means. The Word of
god NEVER contradicts itself.
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 19:14:18 UTC
Post by Joseph Welch
Post by Billy
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to
death.
Leviticus also says it's an abomination to eat shellfish, to grow two
different kind of vegetables in the same garden, or to wear clothing
woven of different types of cloth.
And Leviticus is Old Testament - waaay before Jesus. Jesus never
mentioned homosexuality at all.
So what you're telling us is that God changed His mind or was wrong about
the Old Testament. And who was Jesus? Isn't He God. Again you're ignorant
as to who Jesus is and what the Word of God means. The Word of god NEVER
contradicts itself.
That's funny!

Man wrote the bible and created gods (hundreds of them).

Are you saying that man never contradicts himself?

Wake up!
YankFan
2006-01-30 19:32:23 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by Joseph Welch
Post by Billy
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to
death.
Leviticus also says it's an abomination to eat shellfish, to grow two
different kind of vegetables in the same garden, or to wear clothing
woven of different types of cloth.
And Leviticus is Old Testament - waaay before Jesus. Jesus never
mentioned homosexuality at all.
So what you're telling us is that God changed His mind or was wrong about
the Old Testament. And who was Jesus? Isn't He God. Again you're ignorant
as to who Jesus is and what the Word of God means. The Word of god NEVER
contradicts itself.
That's funny!
Man wrote the bible and created gods (hundreds of them).
Man, did not write the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for
teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness"

1 Peter 1:20,21
20. First of all, you should know this: no prophecy of Scripture comes
from one's own interpretation,

21. because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, moved by
the Holy Spirit, men spoke from God.

Educate yourself on the subject before you talk about things that you
know nothing of.
You are the one that needs to wake up.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 19:35:08 UTC
I think it is quite clear Yankfan has made an utter fool of himself
here, save what little credibility you have left Yankfan and preach
your crap somewhere else.. scumbag.
YankFan
2006-01-30 19:42:15 UTC
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
I think it is quite clear Yankfan has made an utter fool of himself
here, save what little credibility you have left Yankfan and preach
your crap somewhere else.. scumbag.
Right, attack and run underneath your rock like you liberals do all the
time.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 19:55:31 UTC
Phony, hypocrite, scummmmmbag..
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 20:34:04 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Are you saying that man never contradicts himself?
Wake up!
Did your imaginary sky pixey inspire this crap too? ...

Genesis

God punishes Eve, and all women after her, with the pains of childbirth and
subjection to men. 3:16

God likes Abel's dead animals better than Cain's fruits and vegetables. Why?
Well, no reason is given, but it probably has something to do with the
amount of pain, blood, and gore involved. 4:3-5

Lamech kills a man and claims that since Cain's murderer would be punished
sevenfold, whoever murders him will be punished seventy-seven fold. That
sounds fair. 4:23-24

God is angry. He decides to destroy all humans, beasts, creeping things,
fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown
them all. 6:7, 17

God repeats his intention to kill "every living substance ... from off the
face of the earth." But why does God kill all the innocent animals? What had
they done to deserve his wrath? It seems God never gets his fill of
tormenting animals. 7:4

God drowns everything that breathes air. From newborn babies to koala
bears -- all creatures great and small, the Lord God drowned them all.
7:21-23
"Into your hand are they (the animals) delivered." God gave the animals to
humans, and they can do whatever they please with them. This verse has been
used by bible believers to justify all kinds of cruelty to animals and
environmental destruction. 9:2

The "just and righteous" Noah (6:9, 7:1) plants a vineyard, gets drunk, and
lies around naked in his tent. His son, Ham, happens to see his father in
this condition. When Noah sobers up and hears "what his young son had done
unto him" (what did he do besides look at him?), he curses not Ham, who "saw
the nakedness of his father," but Ham's son, Canaan. "A servant of servants
shall he [Canaan] be unto his brethren." This is a typical case of biblical
justice, and is one of many Bible passages that have been used to justify
slavery. 9:20-25

God sends a plague on the Pharaoh and his household because the Pharaoh
believed Abram's lie. 12:17

Hagar conceives, making Sarai jealous. Abram tells Sarai to do to Hagar
whatever she wants. "And when Sarai dealt hardly with her, she fled." 16:6
The angel tells Hagar to return and submit to her abusive owner, Sarai.
16:8-9
God gives Abraham and his descendants all of the land of Canaan "forever".
This promise is still used to justify the unending battles over the land in
the Middle East. 13:14-15, 17:8
God tells Abram that all males must be circumcised, even those whom Abram
had bought with money. There isn't the slightest evidence in this passage,
or in any other in the Bible, that the biblical God disapproves of slavery.
17:12-13, 23, 27
An uncircumcised boy is to be abandoned by his parents and community. 17:14
Abraham begs God not to kill everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. [Which is odd,
since later (Gen.22:2-10) Abraham doesn't even question God's request that
he kill his own son.] asks God two good questions: "Wilt thou destroy the
righteous with the wicked?" and "Shall not the Judge of all the earth do
right?" 18:23-25
Lot refuses to give up his angels to the perverted mob, offering his two
"virgin daughters" instead. He tells the bunch of angel rapers to "do unto
them [his daughters] as is good in your eyes." This is the same man that is
called "just" and "righteous" in 2 Pet.2:7-8. 19:8
Lot lied about his daughters being "virgins" in 19:8. But it was a "just and
righteous" lie, intended to make them more attractive to the sex-crazed mob.
19:14
God kills everyone (men, women, children, infants, newborns) in Sodom and
Gomorrah by raining "fire and brimstone from the Lord out of heaven." Well,
almost everyone -- he spares the "just and righteous" Lot and his
family.19:24
Lot's nameless wife looks back, and God turns her into a pillar of salt.
19:26
God gets angry with king Abimelech, though the king hasn't even touched
Sarah. He says to the king, "Behold, thou art but a dead man," and threatens
to kill him and all of his people. To compensate for the crime he never
committed, Abimelech gives Abraham sheep, oxen, slaves, silver, and land.
Finally, after Abraham "prayed unto God," God lifts his punishment to
Abimelech, "for the Lord had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of
Abimelech, because of Sarah." 20:3-18
God "closed all the wombs" because Abimelech believed Abe's lie. 20:18
Sarah, after giving birth to Isaac, gets angry again at Hagar (see
Gen.16:5-6) and tells Abraham to 'cast out this bondwoman and her son." God
commands Abraham to "hearken unto her voice." So Abraham abandons Hagar and
Ishmael, casting them out into the wilderness to die. 21:10-14
God orders Abraham to kill Isaac as a burnt offering. Abraham shows his love
for God by his willingness to murder his son. But finally, just before
Isaac's throat is slit, God provides a goat to kill instead. 22:2-13
Abraham shows his willingness to kill his son for God. Only any evil God
would ask a father to do that; only a bad father would be willing to do it.
22:10
God blessed Abraham by giving him lots of slaves. 24:35
Isaac loved Esau because Esau was a hunter and Isaac loved venison. Rebekah
loved Jacob, but God hated Esau (see Rom.9:13). No reason is given for why
one son is loved while the other is hated. But since God chose to act this
way, it must have been as an example for parents to follow. Have you decided
which of your children to hate? 25:28
God blessed Isaac (like his father Abraham before him) with many slaves.
26:12-14
Jacob, with coaching from his mother, obtains Isaac's blessing by lying. God
seems to have been fooled as well. 27:19
Jacob offers to work for seven years to pay for Rachel. As it turns out, he
is tricked into having sex with her sister, Leah, instead, so he has to work
for another seven years so in order to pay for them both. 29:18-30
As part of the deal with Jacob, Zilpah and Bilhah (Laban's slaves) are
handed over to Leah and Rachel. 29:24, 29
Laban gives Rachel and Bilhah to Jacob. 29:28
Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, is "defiled" by a man who seems to love her
dearly. Her brothers trick all of the men of the town and kill them (after
first having them all circumcised), and then take their wives and children
captive. 34:1-31
The sons of Jacob trick Shechem into getting circumcised. Then they murder
him, his sons, and all the males of the city, while taking their wives
captive. 34:24-29
"The terror of God was upon the cities that were round about them." 35:5
"And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; and the
Lord slew him." What did Er do to elicit God's wrath? The Bible doesn't say.
Maybe he picked up some sticks on Saturday. 38:7
After God killed Er, Judah tells Onan to "go in unto they brother's wife."
But "Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and ... when he went in unto
his brother's wife ... he spilled it on the ground.... And the thing which
he did displeased the Lord; wherefore he slew him also." This lovely Bible
story is seldom read in Sunday School, but it is the basis of many Christian
doctrines, including the condemnation of both masturbation and birth
control. 38:8-10
After Judah pays Tamar for her services, he is told that she "played the
harlot" and "is with child by whoredom." When Judah hears this, he says,
"Bring her forth, and let her be burnt." 38:24

You asswipe.
YankFan
2006-01-30 21:47:26 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by ManMadeGod
[...]
And your point is? Are you calling God an asswipe? You're not arguing
with me. It's against God and His Word that you have an issue with. Are
you making yourself more knowledgeable and moral than God, because you
have no understanding of the scriptures? It figures. Can't understand
something and call it "crap" or "imaginary". Typical "Pile Of Dong"
(Shit) liberal.
Bush War is for GOP Profit
2006-01-30 22:17:02 UTC
Post by YankFan
And your point is? Are you calling God an asswipe?
Here let me help you loser, he was calling YOU an asswipe, and I
agree!! LOL
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 22:21:48 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by ManMadeGod
[...]
1. There is no "god", it only lives in your imagination.

2. I am not a liberal.

That makes you wrong on both of your assumptions.
Bush War is for GOP Profit
2006-01-30 22:29:13 UTC
lmao!!!!
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 19:17:52 UTC
Post by YankFan
the Word of
god NEVER contradicts itself.
Right! and that is why you are not true Christian! you do contradict
yourself, scumbag <g>
YankFan
2006-01-30 19:39:39 UTC
Post by YankFan
the Word of
god NEVER contradicts itself.
Right! and that is why you are not true Christian! you do contradict
yourself, scumbag <g>
Gee, Is that you God? Since when do you know what a "true" Christian is.
I thought that God was the only one that knows that for sure. Are you a
"true" Christian? Sounds to me that all you are is a SKUMBAG LIBERAL
that knows nothing about Christianity, The Bible or morals. You need to
attack anything that does not agree with your dumb ass political views
and your lack of understanding of Theology.

Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 20:01:55 UTC
Post by YankFan
Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
right, just like you never debated my post, you immediately called me a
scumbag, and then you say you are a Christian.. I know more about
Christians than you ever will, I know they follow the teachings of
Jesus Christ, who for your information, did not endorse calling people
scumbags, you hypocrite.. and I never claimed to be a Christian
either, you did, hypocrite.
YankFan
2006-01-30 20:15:19 UTC
Post by YankFan
Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
right, just like you never debated my post,
Which post was that? I'll debate you anytime. Bring it on.
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
you immediately called me a scumbag, and then you say you are a Christian..
I know more about
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Christians than you ever will, I know they follow the teachings of
Jesus Christ, who for your information, did not endorse calling people
scumbags, you hypocrite..
Ok, so would you like to be called "dung" a (pile of shit). Are you
saying that Christians are just a rug that anyone could walk all over
without them attacking back. That's not what my bible teaches.
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
and I never claimed to be a Christian
either, you did, hypocrite.
Make up your mind. You said you "know more about Christians than I would
ever know" and then you never claimed to be one. Where are you in this?
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 20:28:39 UTC
Post by YankFan
Make up your mind. You said you "know more about Christians than I would
ever know" and then you never claimed to be one. Where are you in this?
Too late now, you already revealed yourself as nothing more than a
phony scumbag.
NoGoals
2006-01-30 20:29:45 UTC
Post by YankFan
Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
right, just like you never debated my post,
Which post was that? I'll debate you anytime. Bring it on.
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
you immediately called me a scumbag, and then you say you are a Christian..
I know more about
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Christians than you ever will, I know they follow the teachings of
Jesus Christ, who for your information, did not endorse calling people
scumbags, you hypocrite..
Ok, so would you like to be called "dung" a (pile of shit). Are you
saying that Christians are just a rug that anyone could walk all over
without them attacking back. That's not what my bible teaches.
So when Jesus instructed his followers to love your enemy and to turn
the other cheek what he really meant was to blow off their heads and
spit down their neck?

Where do they grow ignorance like you possess?
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 20:37:14 UTC
Post by NoGoals
So when Jesus instructed his followers to love your enemy and to turn
the other cheek what he really meant was to blow off their heads and
spit down their neck?
Where do they grow ignorance like you possess?
One main breeding place for ignorant uneducated Republicans is the
Southeastern United States, however Yankfan, this one is more likely a
Northeastern breed, the Yankees baseball team are 99% Republicans,
their Republican fans seem to think because they won the World Series a
few times that makes them important, macho Republican insecurity. In
reality we know they are just ignorant Republican hypocrite scumbags as
we have both observed here.
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 20:45:16 UTC
Post by YankFan
[...]
It's a fictional book you moron.
Post by NoGoals
Where do they grow ignorance like you possess?
Maybe by reading that crap....

Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 21:34:51 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Maybe by reading that crap....
very enlightening, makes alot of sense, the animal cruelty part is
glaring.. these people are truly demented, and they say if you believe,
good things will happen.. good thing like this? no thanks.
YankFan
2006-01-30 21:53:32 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Maybe by reading that crap....
very enlightening, makes alot of sense, the animal cruelty part is
glaring.. these people are truly demented, and they say if you believe,
good things will happen.. good thing like this? no thanks.
Then reject the word of God and go to hell, you pile of dung (shit). I'm
sorry I'm just paraphrasing New Testament Scriptures.
Bush War is for GOP Profit
2006-01-30 22:18:47 UTC
Post by YankFan
Then reject the word of God and go to hell, you pile of dung (shit). I'm
sorry I'm just paraphrasing New Testament Scriptures.
A pile of dung now! keep up the good "Christian" work there scumbag!!
you are getting even filthier as you go, a true follower of Satan you
are, no doubt!
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 22:25:40 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Maybe by reading that crap....
very enlightening, makes alot of sense, the animal cruelty part is
glaring.. these people are truly demented, and they say if you believe,
good things will happen.. good thing like this? no thanks.
Then reject the word of God and go to hell, you pile of dung (shit).
Is that what you are afraid of? You have been brainwashed into thinking that
if you don't believe in this imaginary god character, then you will go to an
imaginary hell.

It's no wonder that Bush & Co. depend on you bible thumpers for their
"base".
Post by YankFan
I'm sorry I'm just paraphrasing New Testament Scriptures.
Blah, blah, blah...

Better get used to islam, your buddy Bush is helping their cause in the
middle east.
YankFan
2006-01-30 22:43:41 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Maybe by reading that crap....
very enlightening, makes alot of sense, the animal cruelty part is
glaring.. these people are truly demented, and they say if you believe,
good things will happen.. good thing like this? no thanks.
Then reject the word of God and go to hell, you pile of dung (shit).
Is that what you are afraid of? You have been brainwashed into thinking that
if you don't believe in this imaginary god character, then you will go to an
imaginary hell.
I'm not the one that needs to be afraid. You're the one that BETTER be
right or you'll have an eternity wishing you made the right decision.
Post by YankFan
I'm sorry I'm just paraphrasing New Testament Scriptures.
Blah, blah, blah...
Better get used to islam, your buddy Bush is helping their cause in the
middle east.
Bush and Islam will have no say in God's affairs. It is between God and
the personal relationship that we have with Him.
Maxwell Edison
2006-01-31 13:26:32 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by ManMadeGod
Is that what you are afraid of? You have been brainwashed into thinking that
if you don't believe in this imaginary god character, then you will go to an
imaginary hell.
I'm not the one that needs to be afraid. You're the one that BETTER be
right or you'll have an eternity wishing you made the right decision.
How is it that God is Love, but almost everyone is going to burn in
Hell for eternity?
Post by YankFan
Post by ManMadeGod
Better get used to islam, your buddy Bush is helping their cause in the
middle east.
Bush and Islam will have no say in God's affairs. It is between God and
the personal relationship that we have with Him.
You "know" God? If you have a personal relationship with Him, ask Him
where my cheeseburger is.
--
"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." - Johann
Goethe
YankFan
2006-01-31 18:35:20 UTC
Post by Maxwell Edison
Post by YankFan
Post by ManMadeGod
Is that what you are afraid of? You have been brainwashed into thinking that
if you don't believe in this imaginary god character, then you will go to an
imaginary hell.
I'm not the one that needs to be afraid. You're the one that BETTER be
right or you'll have an eternity wishing you made the right decision.
How is it that God is Love, but almost everyone is going to burn in
Hell for eternity?
God is love-1John 4:8-This is the nature of God in His divine compashion
God is a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29- This is the nature of God in His
devine holiness.
Post by Maxwell Edison
Post by YankFan
Post by ManMadeGod
Better get used to islam, your buddy Bush is helping their cause in the
middle east.
Bush and Islam will have no say in God's affairs. It is between God and
the personal relationship that we have with Him.
You "know" God? If you have a personal relationship with Him, ask Him
where my cheeseburger is.
Why don't you ask Him yourself. Everyone has a pipeline to Him, if they
care to use it.
Maxwell Edison
2006-02-01 16:36:42 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by Maxwell Edison
Post by YankFan
Post by ManMadeGod
Is that what you are afraid of? You have been brainwashed into thinking that
if you don't believe in this imaginary god character, then you will go to an
imaginary hell.
I'm not the one that needs to be afraid. You're the one that BETTER be
right or you'll have an eternity wishing you made the right decision.
How is it that God is Love, but almost everyone is going to burn in
Hell for eternity?
God is love-1John 4:8-This is the nature of God in His divine compashion
God is a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29- This is the nature of God in His
devine holiness.
Gobbledygook.

You still didn't answer the question.
Post by YankFan
Post by Maxwell Edison
Post by YankFan
Post by ManMadeGod
Better get used to islam, your buddy Bush is helping their cause in the
middle east.
Bush and Islam will have no say in God's affairs. It is between God and
the personal relationship that we have with Him.
You "know" God? If you have a personal relationship with Him, ask Him
where my cheeseburger is.
Why don't you ask Him yourself. Everyone has a pipeline to Him, if they
care to use it.
I asked Him and He said your "personal relationship" with Him was your
own delusion.

I also asked Him if He was going to write a Third Testament, and He
said "Yes."

Looks like you are in for a surprise!
--
"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." - Johann
Goethe
IDphreak Out
2006-01-31 00:40:15 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
Post by NoGoals
[...]
lmao...
--
Catholicism is nothing more than a happy-gay *fairy tail* connected
to a *queer monster* known as Theocracy...
Billy
2006-01-30 20:23:51 UTC
Post by YankFan
Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
right, just like you never debated my post, you immediately called me a
scumbag, and then you say you are a Christian.. I know more about
Christians than you ever will, I know they follow the teachings of
Jesus Christ, who for your information, did not endorse calling people
scumbags, you hypocrite.. and I never claimed to be a Christian
either, you did, hypocrite.
Since you know so much about Christians, tell me would Jesus want us to lie
and not call you a scumbag?
ManMadeGod
2006-01-30 20:37:14 UTC
Post by YankFan
Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
right, just like you never debated my post, you immediately called me a
scumbag, and then you say you are a Christian.. I know more about
Christians than you ever will, I know they follow the teachings of
Jesus Christ, who for your information, did not endorse calling people
scumbags, you hypocrite.. and I never claimed to be a Christian
either, you did, hypocrite.
Since you know so much about Christians, tell me would Jesus want us to
lie and not call you a scumbag?
According to the fictional book written by man, jesus was a scumbag too!

He hung out with prostitutes and gays, and was a bum.
Republicans Are Evil Pigs
2006-01-30 20:42:59 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
According to the fictional book written by man, jesus was a scumbag too!
He hung out with prostitutes and gays, and was a bum.
and then Jesus said unto the scumbags, eat of my body and you will be a
scumbag too, then all the newly annointed scumbags ate of the savior
they call scumbag, and then they drank the wine.. I wonder if Jesus
was a wealthy oil man and polluted the environment too? I bet there are
alot of other great things about Jesus, the scumbag, we don't know
about..

somehow I don't remember that part of the Bible, Yankfan seems to think
it's in there though! lmao!!
YankFan
2006-01-30 21:28:26 UTC
Post by ManMadeGod
According to the fictional book written by man, jesus was a scumbag too!
He hung out with prostitutes and gays, and was a bum.
and then Jesus said unto the scumbags, eat of my body and you will be a
scumbag too, then all the newly annointed scumbags ate of the savior
they call scumbag, and then they drank the wine.. I wonder if Jesus
was a wealthy oil man and polluted the environment too? I bet there are
alot of other great things about Jesus, the scumbag, we don't know
about..
somehow I don't remember that part of the Bible, Yankfan seems to think
it's in there though! lmao!!
I said already that I would call you a pile of dung (shit) just like
Jesus called all the religious leaders. I think a pile of shit fits better.
Bush War is for GOP Profit
2006-01-30 22:23:16 UTC
Post by YankFan
I said already that I would call you a pile of dung (shit) just like
Jesus called all the religious leaders. I think a pile of shit fits better.
Yes, you are an evil person, you have made that clear already, Satan
loves you..

Verse 20 - For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Anger and bitterness will not produce the patient endurance God is
seeking to work out in our lives. Anger is contrary to the will and of
God.

Verse 21 - Lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness
(abundance of wickedness), and receive with meekness theengrafted word,
which is able to save your souls.

The Word of God, either preached or written, cannot effectively take
hold
in a person's life if he or she is not separated from oral filth and
evil.
God commands the believer to set aside all the ungodly filth that
permeates
the corrupt society that seeks to influence he or she and their family.
The Scriptures tell us what is improper for God's people. We must not
engage
in any kind impurity or obscenity. We must be aware that allowing any
kind
of moral filth into our lives and homes, including dirty language or
obscenity thru videos or T.V. grieves the Holy Spirit and violates the
holy
standards of God for his people. We must take righteousness
and holiness serious. Our homes must be swept clean and filled with the
Word of God and the holiness of Christ.
YankFan
2006-01-31 01:54:21 UTC
Post by Bush War is for GOP Profit
Post by YankFan
I said already that I would call you a pile of dung (shit) just like
Jesus called all the religious leaders. I think a pile of shit fits better.
Yes, you are an evil person, you have made that clear already, Satan
loves you..
Satan does not have the capability of loving. Get the scriptures right.
Post by Bush War is for GOP Profit
Verse 20 - For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
Anger and bitterness will not produce the patient endurance God is
seeking to work out in our lives. Anger is contrary to the will and of
God.
This is your assumption. Throughout all of scripture God, Jesus,
Prophets and Apostles ALL showed emotions of anger. Again educate
yourself in interpreting scripture.
Post by Bush War is for GOP Profit
Verse 21 - Lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness
(abundance of wickedness), and receive with meekness theengrafted word,
which is able to save your souls.
The doctrine of Christianity is not the subject of this epistle. It
gives God His place in the conscience, and with regard to all that
surrounds us. It thus girds up the loins of the Christina, presenting
also the near coming of the Lord and His present discipline-a discipline
with respect to which the assembly of God ought to possess intelligence,
and activity founded thereon. The world also, and all that makes an
appearance in it, is judged from God's point of view.

This has nothing to do with "righteous Judment" or calling sin and
evildoers (Jesus Hated Homosexuals) what they are, (pile of dung).
Again it's all your Blah, blah. Nothing relating to scripture.
Maxwell Edison
2006-01-31 13:28:32 UTC
Post by YankFan
I said already that I would call you a pile of dung (shit) just like
Jesus called all the religious leaders.
I thought Jesus was born a Jew, lived a Jew and died a Jew.
--
"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been
found difficult, and left untried." - Gilbert Chesterson
Bush War is for GOP Profit
2006-01-30 22:27:41 UTC
Post by Billy
Since you know so much about Christians, tell me would Jesus want us to lie
and not call you a scumbag?
What Jesus would do is tell you to love your enemy so that he may see
the nature of his sin, and I say therefore you are not a Christian, you
are a scumbag though..
Bush War is for GOP Profit
2006-01-30 22:24:36 UTC
Post by YankFan
Gee, Is that you God? Since when do you know what a "true" Christian is.
I thought that God was the only one that knows that for sure. Are you a
"true" Christian? Sounds to me that all you are is a SKUMBAG LIBERAL
that knows nothing about Christianity, The Bible or morals. You need to
attack anything that does not agree with your dumb ass political views
and your lack of understanding of Theology.
Liberals= Attack, Attack, Attack, Attack... NO SUBSTANCE.
Yes you attacked me in this post and then lay blame on Liberals, more
of your hypocrisy..
Thialfi
2006-01-30 23:17:02 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
Post by Joseph Welch
homosexuality at all.
So what you're telling us is that God changed His mind or was
wrong
Post by YankFan
about the Old Testament.
No, we're telling you that the Bible is a collection of tales
concocted by a bunch of bored desert nomads sitting around a
campfire.
Post by YankFan
god NEVER contradicts itself.
Jesus is the creation of a bunch of poor homeless folks who
couldn't read or write.
Their tales were not written down during the lifetime of anyone
who knew Jesus.
And the collection was edited for content by a bunch of bishops
with a political agenda at the Council of Nicea three centuries
later.

The chances of any facts surviving that process is pretty
minimal.
YankFan
2006-01-31 02:07:34 UTC
Post by Billy
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
about the Old Testament.
No, we're telling you that the Bible is a collection of tales
concocted by a bunch of bored desert nomads sitting around a
campfire.
Another ignorant fool that has no concept of Jewish history or scripture.
Post by YankFan
god NEVER contradicts itself.
Jesus is the creation of a bunch of poor homeless folks who
couldn't read or write.
Their tales were not written down during the lifetime of anyone
who knew Jesus.
Are you as stupid as you sound? Or did you skip through out your history
classes by smoking crack?
Post by Billy
And the collection was edited for content by a bunch of bishops
with a political agenda at the Council of Nicea three centuries
later.
Was the scriptures written 300AD or are you a product of the public
school system. Garbage in, garbage out.
Post by Billy
The chances of any facts surviving that process is pretty
minimal.
And you have no concept of ancient history. I'll bet that you'll except
certain times of history as fact, Egyptian, Greek... except when it
comes to Moses, Jesus and all the prophets. But of course, it will
expose you of what you really are. You obviously want to squash any
thought of that by calling it fairy tales because it will reflect on
your inner most part of your being. You wouldn't want that.
Thialfi
2006-01-31 03:16:31 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by Thialfi
No, we're telling you that the Bible is a collection of tales
concocted by a bunch of bored desert nomads sitting around a
campfire.
Another ignorant fool that has no concept of Jewish history or
scripture.

History and scripture are quite unrelated.
Post by YankFan
Post by Thialfi
who knew Jesus.
Are you as stupid as you sound? Or did you skip through out
your history
Post by YankFan
classes by smoking crack?
"Facts that contradict scripture must be ruthlessly stamped out,
by any means necessary."
That worked for over a thousand years; it isn't working any more.
You cannot burn unbelievers at the stake these days.
Post by YankFan
school system. Garbage in, garbage out.
Facts may be unpleasant, but they're fact nonetheless.
Biblical scholars know these facts, even if you don't.
Go ask a Jesuit; they tend to be better educated than the
products of Mississippi bible schools.
Post by YankFan
your inner most part of your being. You wouldn't want that.
I can tell the difference between fairy tales and history.
So can the overwhelming majority of the world's population.

Shrieking and shouting won't change reality.
YankFan
2006-01-31 04:38:06 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
Post by Thialfi
No, we're telling you that the Bible is a collection of tales
concocted by a bunch of bored desert nomads sitting around a
campfire.
Another ignorant fool that has no concept of Jewish history or
scripture.
History and scripture are quite unrelated.
You are a product of the public school system. That is one of the most
ignorant statements that I have ever heard in a long time.
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
classes by smoking crack?
"Facts that contradict scripture must be ruthlessly stamped out,
by any means necessary."
Give us the facts in history that contradict scripture, or visa versa.
Don't just make a ignoramus statements without backing it up.
Post by YankFan
school system. Garbage in, garbage out.
Facts may be unpleasant, but they're fact nonetheless.
Biblical scholars know these facts, even if you don't.
Go ask a Jesuit; they tend to be better educated than the
products of Mississippi bible schools.
I have 20+ years of Comparative Religions, Biblical Hermeneutics and
Theological Teachings. Show me the facts and stop trying to be something
you're not. Obviously you know nothing about History or Biblical
Interpretation.
Post by YankFan
Post by YankFan
your inner most part of your being. You wouldn't want that.
I can tell the difference between fairy tales and history.
So can the overwhelming majority of the world's population.
World population? With an estimated 2.3 billion adherents, Christianity
is arguably the world's largest religion. It's origins are intertwined
with Judaism, with which it shares much sacred text and early history;
specifically, it shares the Hebrew Bible as the Old Testament.
Christianity is considered an Abrahamic religion, along with Judaism.
Is that the overwhelming majority you're talking about? I'm sorry but
again you're ignorant of the facts regarding history and the Bible. They
both go hand in hand. There's no discrepancy between history and the
Bible whatsoever. I don't have to ask a Jesuit Priest for the answers,
even do he'll agree with the accuracy of History and the Biblical writings.
r***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-02-03 20:50:41 UTC
Post by Thialfi
Post by YankFan
Post by Thialfi
And the collection was edited for content by a bunch of
bishops with a political agenda at the Council of Nicea three
centuries later.
This is a myth, tho, circulating on the web and elsewhere. The canon
of scripture was not even discussed at Nicaea:

http://www.tertullian.org/rpearse/nicaea.html
Post by Thialfi
Post by YankFan
Was the scriptures written 300AD or are you a product of the
public school system. Garbage in, garbage out.
Facts may be unpleasant, but they're fact nonetheless.
Biblical scholars know these facts, even if you don't.
Go ask a Jesuit; they tend to be better educated than the
products of Mississippi bible schools.
A very unfortunate comment, in the circumstances. I have to ask:

1. Could you produce a 'biblical scholar' holding a teaching post at a
reputable university who is prepared to commit himself to this
proposition? Metzger on the Canon -- the standard undergraduate
textbook -- suggests rather strongly otherwise. But if you can, ask
this 'scholar' to produce the ancient evidence that records such an
event.

2. I don't know why you suggest that Jesuits should be consulted, and
you sort of suggest you have done so, which cannot be right. They are
indeed usually better educated than, ahem, the products of uncritical
self-education using the internet such as those who write most atheist
web pages. If you can find an uneducated Jesuit, by all means produce
him.

Are you comfortable with appearing in public as asserting as fact
something which, actually, you merely had heard and wanted to believe
but had no idea whether or not it was true; and likewise for pretending
that you knew it was the belief of 'biblical scholars' etc, when in
fact you made that up? I'm sorry if that sounds preachy, but, well...

Do unto others, as you would like them to do to you, hey?
Post by Thialfi
Post by YankFan
Post by Thialfi
The chances of any facts surviving that process is pretty
minimal.
And you have no concept of ancient history. ...
I can tell the difference between fairy tales and history.
Not on the above evidence! (Sorry... but it's impossible not to make
that point).

Incidentally, attempting to claim that all the evidence about history
is falsified in order to ignore it is not what scholars do. The whole
approach taken here is wrong. Educated people want to learn, not
debunk.
Post by Thialfi
So can the overwhelming majority of the world's population.
Indeed? Is that why people who post like this are a tiny and despised
minority?
Post by Thialfi
Shrieking and shouting won't change reality.
Indeed? Is that why there is so much jeering in your post?

I apologise if all that seems a little harsh. But would you like to
have been treated as you treated your friend above?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

m***@lycos.com
2006-01-30 03:01:11 UTC
== Leviticus

did Jesus write Leviticus?
Billy
2006-01-30 03:38:33 UTC
Post by m***@lycos.com
== Leviticus
did Jesus write Leviticus?
Leviticus is the law of Moses, Jesus did speak of the laws.

YankFan
2006-01-30 18:19:21 UTC
Post by m***@lycos.com
== Leviticus
did Jesus write Leviticus?
Yes He did. He is God. You need to be educated on the Trinity.
Maxwell Edison
2006-01-30 04:43:57 UTC
In article <0AWCf.53510$***@fed1read04>, Billy at ***@cox.net
says...
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
Which is about as sure as taxes.
--
"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." - Johann
Goethe
c***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-01-30 22:33:21 UTC
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
One of the distinctive characteristics of America's Bible-thumping,
right-wing extremists is that they don't know the difference between
the Old Testament and the New Testament.

This thread is about Jesus so your reference to a book in the Old
Testament is irrelevant.

Another distinctive characteristic of America's fundamentalists Bible
thumpers is that they have never heard of the scripture in the New
Testament that says the no scripture is of private interpretation.

http://religion-cults.com/Christianity/Protestant/Branch-C-Protestant.htm
http://www.bible.ca/b-Why-OT-NT.htm
Billy
2006-01-30 23:09:25 UTC
Post by c***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
One of the distinctive characteristics of America's Bible-thumping,
right-wing extremists is that they don't know the difference between
the Old Testament and the New Testament.
One of the distinctive charactertics of a liberal is they read only what
they want to read then blame others for their own failures. Leviticus is the
law of Moses, Jesus did speak of the laws
YankFan
2006-01-31 02:45:20 UTC
Post by c***@yahoo.co.uk
Post by Billy
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
Leviticus 20:13: If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both
of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death.
One of the distinctive characteristics of America's Bible-thumping,
right-wing extremists is that they don't know the difference between
the Old Testament and the New Testament.
So people that believe in the Bible are only "Bible-thumping right-wing
extremist"? They're no Bible believing in the "left-wing"?
Post by c***@yahoo.co.uk
This thread is about Jesus so your reference to a book in the Old
Testament is irrelevant.
So throw way the old because we have the new testament now? God did not
mean what He said in the old? There's no theophany in the old testament,
where Jesus presents Himself to the prophets, Abraham Genesis 18:1- In
Genesis chapter three in the creation of man, God said; "Let "us" make
man in "our" image" Who was he talking to? Do you suppose that it was
the trinity.
Post by c***@yahoo.co.uk
Another distinctive characteristic of America's fundamentalists Bible
thumpers is that they have never heard of the scripture in the New
Testament that says the no scripture is of private interpretation.
So are we not to "ever" interpret the Bible. Is it a closed book to
everyone?

1 Corinthian 2:14-16

14.But the natural man does not welcome what comes from God's Spirit,
because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to know it since it is
evaluated spiritually.

15.The spiritual person, however, can evaluate everything, yet he
himself cannot be evaluated by anyone.

16.For who has known the Lord's mind, that he may instruct Him? But we
have the mind of Christ.
c***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-02-01 16:39:48 UTC
Post by YankFan
Post by c***@yahoo.co.uk
This thread is about Jesus so your reference to a book in the Old
Testament is irrelevant.
So throw way the old because we have the new testament now? God did not
mean what He said in the old? There's no theophany in the old testament,
where Jesus presents Himself to the prophets, Abraham Genesis 18:1- In
Genesis chapter three in the creation of man, God said; "Let "us" make
man in "our" image" Who was he talking to? Do you suppose that it was
the trinity.
Well, if you want to go rummaging through the old testament and make
your interpretations, you can find all sorts of stuff. Did you ever
have problems with your children? Here's the answer. Stone them:

"If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the
voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they
have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father
and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of
his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the
elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will
not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of
his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put
evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear." --
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

Did you ever work on Sunday? if you did you should be put to death:

"Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest,
holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall
surely be put to death." -- Ex.31:15

Would you like to get rich selling pigeons and turtles? Move to the
Bible Belt and make some signs that quote the following:

"And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she
shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be
unclean until the even . . .And on the eighth day she shall take unto
her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest,
to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall
offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering;
and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the
issue of her uncleanness." -- Leviticus 15:19-30
Post by YankFan
Post by c***@yahoo.co.uk
Another distinctive characteristic of America's fundamentalists Bible
thumpers is that they have never heard of the scripture in the New
Testament that says the no scripture is of private interpretation.
So are we not to "ever" interpret the Bible. Is it a closed book to
everyone?
It's not a closed book to anyone, but Bible thumpers know just enough
to be dangerous. Look to the leader of your church for interpretation
of scripture. And while you are at it ask them where they got their
authority.
Stan de SD
2006-01-29 06:33:15 UTC
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Other books claims Elvis is alive, and that our planet was visited in
ancient times by UFOs. Unless you want to find some rationale for giving
another dude a blowjob or taking it in the ass, who gives a shit?
Maxwell Edison
2006-01-30 04:45:48 UTC
Post by Stan de SD
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
Other books claims Elvis is alive, and that our planet was visited in
ancient times by UFOs. Unless you want to find some rationale for giving
another dude a blowjob or taking it in the ass, who gives a shit?
God?
--
"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." - Johann
Goethe
Babble~on~Deity
2006-01-29 06:45:41 UTC
<***@yahoo.com> flew this by all, but not QUITE true it
appears...
[...]
Jesus loved everything and everybody so realistically more than anything he
was bisexual with a predilection to beastiality...
--
"I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity
one redeeming feature"
- Thomas Jefferson
Unpleasant Truth
2006-01-29 21:50:17 UTC
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
I.e., by someone who doesn't even believe in the Bible, so who cares?
Just another left wing, anti-Christian fraud (like "The Da Vinci Code").
Maxwell Edison
2006-01-30 04:49:18 UTC
Post by Unpleasant Truth
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
I.e., by someone who doesn't even believe in the Bible, so who cares?
Just another left wing, anti-Christian fraud (like "The Da Vinci Code").
"Believe in the Bible."

I like those words.

I guess it depends on the definition of the word "in".

What is yours?

Mine is in the line of Thomas Jefferson.
--
"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." - Johann
Goethe
Unpleasant Truth
2006-01-31 04:56:36 UTC
Post by Maxwell Edison
Post by Unpleasant Truth
Post by Republicans Are Evil Pigs
Book claims Jesus had homosexual relationship
BY RICHARD N. OSTLING
The campaign to have U.S. Protestant churches accept homosexuals has
taken a radical new turn with a Chicago scholar's claim that Jesus not
only approved same-sex relationships, but also was involved in one.
I.e., by someone who doesn't even believe in the Bible, so who cares?
Just another left wing, anti-Christian fraud (like "The Da Vinci Code").
"Believe in the Bible."
I like those words.
I guess it depends on the definition of the word "in".
What is yours?
Mine is in the line of Thomas Jefferson.
Maybe if Jefferson had believed in the Bible more, he would have found it
within him to free his slaves.